Thursday 17 February 2011

Green Bullet casked and a "Nice" bitter in the FV

What with looking after two children under 3 I don't have a lot of time to brew these days so, in order to finalise my recipes for my new venture, I'm now brewing at night.  Last night I racked the last Green Bullet beer (which tastes pretty good) and brewed a fairly standard bitter. 

This recipe was along the lines of what I've been drinking at home for the last few years; pale malt and caragold to an OG of 1.040 with Challenger to bitter and EKG for flavour and aroma.  As I was brewing immediately after racking the previous beer I saved about 400ml of yeast from the FV and pitched this onto the new batch.

The yeast was pitched at 10pm last night and this morning it's well into fermentation.

5 comments:

  1. Be good to see what you think of this GB compared to your regular recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit early to tell but I think it's going to be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Challenger and EKG? Are you sure? Your beer won't taste of grapefruit and marmalade: that can't be right. I mean it's going to taste of...oh what's the stuff...you know...oh, that's it. Beer.

    I will look forward to trying a pint or three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Michael. It's a classic combo.

    It may also be of interest to you that my heat exchanger is leaking again so the last two brews have been done without the HERMS. "Proper brewing", some might say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why has this blog stopped, enjoyed keeping up with the brewing escapades, miss the updates.

    ReplyDelete